KDE Frameworks 5.83.0

Heiko Becker heiko.becker at kde.org
Thu Jun 10 13:21:36 BST 2021

On Thursday, 10 June 2021 13:00:10 CEST, David Faure wrote:
> On mardi 8 juin 2021 23:17:01 CEST Heiko Becker wrote:
>> is it possible to respin kdoctools with
>> https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kdoctools/-/commit/4121e38824b45068ee0f0ac
>> a9c7c8d38783a9f32 ? It's not terribly urgent, but would allow building the
>> Albanian docs of kturtle at least in master (which already depends on
>> 5.83.0) and is unlikely to break anything.
>
> I'd like to keep the "respin" mechanism for critical fixes.

That's a fair point, but let me explain a bit more.

> Can't this wait for one month?
> I suppose kturtle can skip those docs if KF5 < 5.84, or just comment out
> building them until 5.84 is out?

The problem with waiting is that the dependency freeze is on July 8 and
5.84.0 is planned to be released on July 10 (Maybe there's a lesson to be
learned about scheduling future Gear releases).

The problem with skipping is that translated docs are installed via
kdoctools_install(po), which magically installs everything found in
po/<language>/docbook/index.docbook. So it's all or nothing if we don't
want to add manual kdoctools_create_handbook calls, which isn't nicely
maintainable because docs come from SVN.
Of course I can manually edit the tarball, like I just did for 21.04.1, but
I'd like to keep that to a minimum and don't look forward to having to do
that for 21.04.3, 21.07.{80,90} and 21.08.1-3.

Regards,
Heiko