Can we get tags and tarballs for the KDE Qt patch collection

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jun 7 21:52:23 BST 2021

El dilluns, 7 de juny de 2021, a les 20:46:25 (CEST), Nate Graham va escriure:
> Hello folks,
>
> The Fedora packagers were mentioning to me today that it would be a lot
> easier for them to ship Qt with our patch collection if we made tags and
> tarballs. Is this something we could look into doing?

We explicitly do not want to make releases
  https://community.kde.org/Qt5PatchCollection#Will_there_be_releases.3F

Making a release means having to use of a version number, and any version number we use will be wrong.

Don't think this as a product, think of it as a central place where patches are collected.

If they want a tarball because using git is a problem, they can always use https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtbase/-/archive/kde/5.15/qtbase-kde-5.15.tar.bz2 ?