Proposal of release blocker (missing translations for some .desktop files)

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 21:53:14 GMT 2021

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 5:16 PM Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> scripty recognizes a few extensions as "desktop files" and extract their
> strings. Additional files can be added by adding an ExtraDesktop.sh file which
> lists them.
>
> So far, .desktop.in is *not* a recognized pattern by default.
>
> There has been an increase of repositories which use desktop.in.

That may be my fault.

I introduced a macro into extra-cmake-modules
ecm_configured_install

which takes foo.bar.in runs cmake configure and installs as foo.bar.

That macro wasn't explicitly intended for .desktop file usage, but
it's certainly a place where I can imagine it being used.

>revert to .desktop.cmake as expected)

Is it expected as some form of standard? If so, I can change that
macro to look for .in or .cmake files.
I remember in the review a discussion on the suffix for configurable
files and came to the conclusion that it was somewhat random, but .in
was the more common.

David