Proposal of release blocker (missing translations for some .desktop files)

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Jan 3 16:00:19 GMT 2021

Hi,

scripty recognizes a few extensions as "desktop files" and extract their
strings. Additional files can be added by adding an ExtraDesktop.sh file which
lists them.

So far, .desktop.in is *not* a recognized pattern by default.

There has been an increase of repositories which use desktop.in.
Apart from kwave, which has historically not agreed to the change back in the
days (but that may be reevaluated, I guess) and workarounded the problem with
an ExtraDesktop.sh file.

Most of the repositories have been changed recently, but some of them have
been not properly working for a while.
There are repositories part of the release service, one part of Plasma and a
few with independent release cycles. In no particular order:

kte-collaborative
snorenotify
kube
kwave
dragon
konqueror
dolphin
xdg-desktop-portal-kdegraphics
svgpart
markdownpart
kimagemapeditor
kgraphviewer
okteta
kmymoney
kmplayer

(see https://lxr.kde.org/search?_filestring=desktop.in&_string= )

I'd like to hold on all the release of all affected repositories until this is
fixed. I think RS 20.12.1 is not affected, but the Plasma 5.21 branching is,
and so the future 21.04 (but let's hope to have that fixed by then).

Unfortunately my email provider is acting up today and I can't push any
proposal change to solve this in a way (revert to .desktop.cmake as expected)
or another (let ignore that in scripty - I don't want really want yet another
set of special exceptions through ExtraMessages.sh).

--
Luigi