Inclusion of Haruna in KDE Gear

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Aug 17 22:53:15 BST 2021

El dilluns, 16 d’agost de 2021, a les 20:55:25 (CEST), George Florea Banus va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like for Haruna to be included in KDE Gear.

I would sincerely recommend that you do a few standalone releases of Haruna before including it in KDE Gear.

You have not made any release yet, meaning not much people has widely tested/tried it.

If you delay the release until next KDE Gear, that's 4 months until people start seeing it and 4 months more until you can address some of the feature requests people will make that you will say "oh, why didn't i think of that?"

If you do an standalone release today you can shorten the timeframe from 8 months to 2 or 3 or even less.

> Initially I planed to self release, but then reading of
> https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware happened and I changed my mind.

What made you change your mind? Doing a release it's literally a few releaseme commands.