Fwd: Last Minute Dolphin Merge

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Aug 6 13:16:21 BST 2021

Nate Graham ha scritto:
> I know we didn't get our ducks in a row earlier, and I apologize for that, but
> I feel very strongly that this needs to go into 21.08. If it does not, then
> we're shipping a controversial behavior change to users in 21.08 with no way
> to go back to the previous behavior.
> May I CC you all on the bug reports we're bound to receive? :p

Then maybe, given the timing, there could have been other options with less
risks, for example:
- revert the feature that led to this problem;
- inform the release team as soon as it was clear that a freeze-breaking
change was needed, before merging, maybe asking for a delay in the final tag.

Of course it's always possible to do better, but if you decide to revert the
commit, I'd kindly ask to wait at least two days after the first scripty run
before tagging the final version of dolphin, in order to give some time to


More information about the release-team mailing list