Include Konversation in Release Service for 20.12

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Oct 27 13:06:51 GMT 2020

Dear Release Service team,

I would like to ask for the inclusion of Konversation in the Release Service
automation.

Konversation had lost active release management two years ago, as life shifts
things. Yet small fixes and improvements have been getting into the repository
all the time, and of course it would be good to have those flushed out to
users in a timely manner. Even more as long as IRC is still a thing for some
;)
While I stepped in in the last weeks to do some manual releases 1.7.6 & 1.7.7
after the 2 years release pausing to give the current stable branch some
release care and signs of vitality, I do not have resources planned to
continue to do so, same for the other occasional Konversation contributors.
pipermail/konversation-devel/2020-September/007074.html) Konversation would be
candidate for getting releases cared for by the Release Service team now,
please :)

Current master branch should be fairly up-to-date to modern coding standards,
e.g. no usage of deprecated API of Qt < 5.15 or of latest KF, also using SPDX-
compatible license headers as well as Qt's categorized logging now.
So it's not some old body of legacy code kept on life care, but some brushed-
over well-working software with a stable feature base with moderate size of
open bug reports :)

Please see for the current code here and give it a quick check for things if
it meets everything that it should for being covered by Release Service:
https://invent.kde.org/network/konversation

For the version schema, current proposal is up at
https://invent.kde.org/network/konversation/-/merge_requests/24

Cheers
Friedrich