KDE releases 20.04.1 delayed to Friday 15-May-2020

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed May 13 07:20:15 BST 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:05 AM Christoph Feck <cfeck at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi packagers,

Hi Christoph,

> the 20.04.1 releases from the KDE Release Service will be published on
> Fri 15-May-2020 (instead of Thu 14-May as initially planned).
>
> Reasons:
> - give the promo and translation teams a day more time to prepare the
> announcement text (I failed to submit a changelog yesterday)
> - avoid clashing with the Plasma 5.19 beta release at the same day
> (clash noticed today by the Plasma release team)
>
> git log v20.04.0..v20.04.1 at https://phabricator.kde.org/P598
> (Some noteworthy changes have been added as a comment there)
>
> https://kde.org/announcements/changelog-releases.php?version=20.04.1
>
> (CC'ing sysadmins to check if this may conflict with preparing git
> infrastructure changes)

If you could please ensure that any operations with regards to the
release are completed by 8pm CEST to avoid any conflicts with
preparations for the migration that would be appreciated.

Should for any reason operations need to take place after that, the
release will need to be postponed to Friday next week.

> --
> Christoph Feck
> KDE Release Team

Cheers,