Plasma 5.18 LTS

Rik Mills rikmills at kubuntu.org
Wed Apr 29 17:59:12 BST 2020

On 29/04/2020 17:22, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Plasma 5.18 is due to have its .5 release shortly and then we'll move
> onto Plasma 5.19 releases.  Plasma 5.18 is an LTS so its translations
> will get put into the LTS branch and it'll move to 6 monthly releases
> until we decide on another LTS.
>
> I've added releases for next year to
> https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5#Future_releases
> 5.18.6 	LTS Bugfix 	Tue 2020-09-29
>
> 5.18.7 	LTS Bugfix 	Tue 2021-03-30

So abandoning the Fibonacci release sequence at a much earlier point
compared to 5.12?

In that case it would be handy if the Plasma team could keep LTS distros
up to date with important fixes that will not end up in a new tar for
many months, and may be wanted to be cherry-picked? Perhaps record them
in some wiki/task/doc somewhere.

Rik