calligra/3.2 branch not yet pushed/created? (was: Re: Calligra stable version 3.2.0 released)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Apr 24 12:19:10 BST 2020

Hi Dag,

congrats for another release.

One question though:
I see you updated kde-build-metdata & repo-metadata to set "calligra/3.2" as
new stable branch.

Just: there is no such branch yet pushed to the central calligra repo it
seems? Any chance you forgot that?

I noticed because I wanted to help out with having KDE CI adapt to the new
branch (as currently KDE CI needs some manual help each branching time, sadly
unknown/forgotten by most release managers), and now see the stable calligra
build failing, due to no branch found.

BTW, as release manager of a product you want to make sure you can do the KDE
CI care yourself, by requesting the needed "Start build" rights from KDE admin
(do from https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/build.kde.org/) and then on branching
follow the guidelines given at
    https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware#Branching
which links to
    https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/
Continuous_Integration_System#Updating_builds_on_switching_the_.22stable.
22_branch

Cheers
Friedrich