Plasma 5.12.9 LTS

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Sep 11 20:44:43 BST 2019

On mercredi 11 septembre 2019 20:39:05 CEST Christoph Feck wrote:
> On 09/11/19 19:35, Rik Mills wrote:
> > On 10/09/2019 17:21, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> >> Plasma 5.12.9 LTS
> >> is now released https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.12.9.php
> >
> > Kwin to fails to build with Qt 5.9.
> >
> > Plasma 5.12 should build with 5.9.
> >
> >  /effects/screenshot/screenshot.cpp:110:15: error: ‘const class QImage’
> >
> > has no member named ‘sizeInBytes’
> >
> > but from qt.io
> >
> > qsizetype QImage::sizeInBytes() const
> > Returns the image data size in bytes.
> > This function was introduced in Qt 5.10.
> >
> > Commit introducing that is 67444e36592e78d46b757a6c72be1d50bdae19e6
> > [effects/screenshot] Upload data to xpixmap in chunks
>
> sizeInBytes() can be emulated with bytesPerLine() * height().
>
> Would it be possible to adopt the convention "tars are announced a few
> days before the tag/release" used by Frameworks and Applications also
> for the Plasma packages?
>
> This could help to avoid re-tagging in case of compilation errors.

For Frameworks, I tag RC1, upload tars for packagers, then in case of
compilation errors I tag a RC2 (in that module only), and in the end when
doing the actual release, I do the final tagging.

So this doesn't exactly "avoid re-tagging in case of compilation errors",
but it's about adding a new tag, not deleting+updating a tag (if that's what
you meant).

Working on KDE Frameworks 5