KDE Applications 19.08.2 packages available for packagers

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 8 22:21:58 BST 2019

El dimarts, 8 d’octubre de 2019, a les 12:11:22 CEST, Jonathan Riddell va escriure:
> Shouldn't kcalcore just not be released with this any more?  It's about to
> be released with frameworks as kcalendarcore.

That's fine, we're releasing it as part of KDE Applications 19.08.x and will release it as such until .3

> As part of All About the Apps I'm planning to publish a Apps in October
> story alongside this release, being drafted at
> https://dot.kde.org/2019/10/07/kde-all-about-apps-october
>
> This is hoped to be done monthly and be the main announce for the .0
> releases.
>
> We had the idea of de-branding KDE Applications and just calling it the
> Release Service which better describes what it is and doesn't confuse
> people into thinking it's a coherent whole product, it would be good to do
> this change for 19.12.0.

Yes, it would be good, but lots of things need to happen, so someone needs to make them happen :)

Also, don't capitalize release service, otherwise people will just start using it as replacement of KDE Applications ;)