Deprecating Old Amarok Versions

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Oct 2 16:55:16 BST 2019

On woensdag 2 oktober 2019 16:56:57 CEST Luigi Toscano wrote:

> > Removing from download.kde.org <http://download.kde.org>
>
> Removing the tarball? No, otherwise we should do it for all the other old
> software as well (and I guess there may be issue with the license). I think
> that sysadmins move old versions to Attic/ from time to time, but before
> moving one of the last programs to be unsupported there are many others that
> should do them. But there is really no gain in moving stuff around for no
> reasons. No gain and more work for the sysadmins.

Moving all KDE software in download.kde.org that still is Qt4-based into the Attic, well, that's something we should do yesterday, I feel. Even though I never was an Amarok user, I'm kind of sad about its death, but it _is_ dead. As a community, we need a better way to handle our zombies. Calligra is dead, too, which makes me even sadder...

--
https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org