19.12 Beta releases tarballs are available

Heiko Becker mail at heiko-becker.de
Tue Nov 19 20:05:06 GMT 2019

On Dienstag, 19. November 2019 07:19:57 CET, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On 2019-11-18 23:29, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> El divendres, 15 de novembre de 2019, a les 23:43:42 CET, Tobias C.
>> Berner va escriure:
>>> Hi there
>>>
>>> I noticed three issues so far in the tarballs while building:
>>> kate: https://people.freebsd.org/~tcberner/logs/kate-19.11.80.log
>>> (fails to build, trunk succeeds)
>>
>> This one is actually a bit tricky, the problem is that the packaged
>> tarball needs a
>>    find_package(KF5 ${KF5_REQUIRED_VERSION} REQUIRED COMPONENTS I18n)
>> on the root CMakeLists.txt otherwise the
>>    ki18n_install(po)
>> injected by the packaging scripts will fail.
>>
>> I'm proposing bringing it back with a comment so it doesn't
>> get removed again?
>>
>> I'm CC'in some people for opinions.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Albert
> Hi,
>
> If adding that back fixes this, please so with some comment to
> avoid that accident in the future.

https://phabricator.kde.org/D25410
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25411
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25412

Those should fix the most apparent issues introduced by that commit.

With my packager hat on: I'm not a fan of such implicit discovery of
dependencies and "the find_package(Foo QUIET) .. if(NOT Foo_FOUND)
return()"
style somewhere in the leaf CMakeLists.txt files, because it makes possibly
missing dependencies (and depending on that functionality) not really
obvious.

Cheers,
Heiko