KDE Applications rename to KDE Apps Bundle

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Fri May 10 07:37:50 BST 2019

On viernes, 10 de mayo de 2019 1:13:49 (CEST) Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I'd like to propose renaming KDE Applications to KDE Apps Bundle.
>
> We've had discussion on it here https://phabricator.kde.org/T10812
>
> The rationale is that KDE Applications is confusing as there are KDE
> applications which are not part of KDE Applications.  Bundle is
> understandable as a collection of different bits. Also Apps and Bundle are
> cooler more fashionable terms.
>
> This would be from the next major 19.08 release.
>
> Jonathan

Although I don't feel strongly about this, because I think a drawn out
discussion about the topic would be the epitome of bikeshedding, it is a +1
from me FWIW.

The suggested name is friendly and nicely informal, which I think will make it
easier to "sell" to a larger number of people (hence would make my job easier
too). It is also quite specific, as it is not "Apps Bundle", but "KDE Apps
Bundle" -- using the brand in the name makes a difference with regards to the
specificity.

Unless someone has data-based reasons for not changing, I am for it.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication