KDE Applications 19.04.3 packages available for packagers

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Fri Jul 12 15:00:55 BST 2019

On Friday, 12 July 2019 14:26:42 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> A moved socket for akonadi's mysqld access broke akonadi on our setup
> because of apparmor rules.
>
> https://packaging.neon.kde.org/kde/akonadi.git/commit/?h=Neon/release-lts
>
> This shouldn't be done in a bugfix release

Sorry about this, I had no idea this change would affect Apparmor. This was a
bugfix for MacOS where the socket path was simply too long.

At the same time, you cannot assume all maintainers know about all such 3rd
party software and know what changes might or might not affect it.  Maybe if
the Apparmor config file for Akonadi was in the Akonadi repo and I knew about
it, it would hit a bell in my head while doing the codereview for this change.
But this way, even if I knew Apparmor would be affected by this change, I have
no clue where to look for...whatever I have to look for in order to do or ask
for the adjustments.

IMO since this is something you do in your packaging and is outside of
upstream control, it's something you should check before pushing the package
to your users, not blaming upstream for breaking your distro "patches".

- Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683