KDE Frameworks 5.55.0

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Feb 9 17:56:47 GMT 2019

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 11:25 PM Rik Mills <rikmills at kubuntu.org> wrote:

> e-c-m fails its autotests on the ECMPoQmToolsTest
>
> https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac/autopkgtest-disco/disco/amd64/e/extra-cmake-modules/20190209_085651_657e0@/log.gz
>
> [ 61%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/tr_thread_test.dir/tr_thread_test.cpp.o
> /tmp/autopkgtest.ARddqS/build.lLK/src/tests/ECMPoQmToolsTest/tr_thread_test.cpp:96:10:
> fatal error: tr_thread_test.moc: No such file or directory
>  #include "tr_thread_test.moc"
>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.
>
> I have seen similar on other sources, where running our tests or builds
> with --no-parallel worked as a temp fix, but in this case it seems to
> just remove the obvious error of not finding the include, but fails in a
> more obscure fashion such as:
>
> https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/d9F7W3yx6y/
>
> I note that the KDE CI does not seem to run the tests at all?
>
> https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks/job/extra-cmake-modules/job/kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.12/3/consoleFull
>
> "20:38:28 Recording test results
> 20:38:35 None of the test reports contained any result"
>
> so running them for Ubuntu builds seems somewhat pointless? (and
> blocking for us when the fail)

ECM was stripped of it's test privileges back in September 2017 in
commit 45ff1bc4ecb18ad71ad0570f7e838d1ae7cab2e2.

At the time one of the tests interacted with the build directory in
such a manner that running "make install" afterwards would always fail
(and the CI system runs tests before running make install for
Frameworks). The commit in question was CC'ed to both this list and
kde-frameworks-devel at the time it was made, but to my knowledge
nobody has investigated or fixed the issue.

> Thanks
>
> Rik Mills

Cheers,
Ben