Test execution for all of PIM

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 18:14:28 GMT 2019

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 2:49 AM Daniel Vrátil <me at dvratil.cz> wrote:

> On Sunday, February 3, 2019 6:37:49 PM CET David Faure wrote:
> > On vendredi 4 janvier 2019 20:26:53 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > > Once again, akonadi_knut_resource had failed to exit as it should.
> >
> > I just had an idea about this. How about I make the knut resource commit
> > suicide, 30 minutes after starting? We never need it for that long anyway.
>
> I'm pretty sure you can go lower than 30 minutes (even 10 minutes is
> generous). Ideally make be configurable through an env variable.
>
> The question is how to make sure the test is failed when the resource gets
> stuck.

In all the cases i've seen, the test executable itself has already
exited which means the test pass/fail criterion has already been
determined so it won't be possible to make it a hard failure i'm
afraid.

One thing I have observed though is that sometimes it isn't just the
knut_resource which is sticking around - in some cases it's the whole
akonadi_control / akonadiserver / knut_resource / mysqld combo.
Thoughts?

> > If I implement that, do you agree to re-enabling CI for kdepim?
> > It smells a bit like a workaround, but better than no CI.

Having it exit after a reasonable timeout period would solve the problem yes.

Cheers,
Ben