Help kioslave from KF 5.51.0 always crashes

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Oct 15 11:19:56 BST 2018

On lundi 15 octobre 2018 11:56:44 CEST Harald Sitter wrote:
> I do wonder if we can init qApp via the slavebase for all slaves?

As in, if there isn't one, create one, on the heap, leaked, or deleted at the
wrong point of time via a global static? I don't like this, too fragile.

> Although, now that I wrote that I imagine that's not entirely save
> since existing slaves may initialize the slavebase before they create
> a qApp.

That would be very wrong. One is supposed to create the qApp before using any
Qt API [e.g. because it initializes the locale, etc.].

Working on KDE Frameworks 5