Moving Okteta from KDE Applications to [Extragear] after KA 17.12

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Mar 7 17:02:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

since some time I have been thinking about an independent release cycle for
Okteta, given I have some ideas/plans for refactoring/rework which might need
some independence from KDE Application release cycle policies.

Also did the development cycles of the past for Okteta result in some rows of
releases with 0 changes, besides a version bump :)

So hereby finally I ask for Okteta to be no longer included with KDE
Application releases starting with KA 18.04.

I would keep it for now in the repo hierarchy path "kde/kdesk/okteta" until
the last 17.12 release has been done, and only then switch to extragear/
something (in sync with translation managers as usual). Okay?

My very big thanks to Albert and also Christoph for having taking the burden
of all the release work all those years and in such a reliable way.
You made my developer life very comfortable, and put the bar very high :)

Cheers
Friedrich