Global Dependency and Release Freeze

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at
Fri Mar 2 20:29:27 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:39 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at> wrote:
> Okay -- should we start planning on delaying the Krita release? It was planned
> for March 14th, but if that's a problem, we can delay it, of course.

Hi Boud,

I'm aiming to have the freeze lifted within a week so March 14th
shouldn't be an issue.


> On Friday, 2 March 2018 11:34:30 CET you wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Due to a snowball of various dependency bumps and other tickets which
>> have been submitted over the past few days, i'm imposing a global
>> dependency freeze upon all KDE projects.
>> In addition to this, due to the workload these also create, I am also
>> imposing a total release freeze on all Extragear projects. Requests
>> for tarballs to be released will not be actioned while the freeze is
>> imposed. It would be appreciated if people could please hold off on
>> filing those.
>> Sysadmin needs time to catch up and get the CI system back into a
>> settled state following changes to Windows and FreeBSD images, in
>> addition to sorting out the other tickets we have received over the
>> past few days some of which will require some time to deal with.
>> Requests for exceptions to these freezes are not available, however we
>> will endeavour to lift them as soon as is practicable.
>> Regards,
>> Ben Cooksley
>> KDE Sysadmin
> --
> Boudewijn Rempt | |

More information about the release-team mailing list