Bad merge on dolphin.git rolled back

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 06:21:11 UTC 2018

FYI, someone accidentally merged master into stable in dolphin.git:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T8127

I rolled back Applications/17.12 to a618383df3. It's now missing:
- All the master commits that shouldn't have been there
- "Add icons to Edit menu" (D10503) which was probably targeted for
master only, but could be cherry-picked to 17.12 if that was the
intention
- a scripty change to a .desktop file, which I guess it will do again tomorrow

As usual, this may cause some disruption to people's local clones.
We've had to do this kind of git rewind more than once, but usually we
notice in hours. In this case the mistake was done 2 weeks ago and we
never noticed until now, so I guess more local clones will be
affected.

If you had any change pending push to dolphin 17.12 you'll have to rebase it.

(I feel like I had something else to mention but I'm too tired to remember)

--
Nicolás
KDE Sysadmin Team