Notice of intention to force rewind Akonadi

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jun 30 23:16:21 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We currently have a persistent build failure on Windows for Akonadi,
which in turn is beginning to create maintainability issues for
Extragear projects which have Windows builds.

Among the projects harmed by this breakage in Akonadi are Alkimia,
Atelier, KMyMoney, Elisa, KDE Connect, Kile, Konversation, KRename,
KStars, KDiagram, Labplot and Okteta.

As this breakage started occurring approximately 2 weeks ago, we have
now reached the point where an immediate fix is required. Leaving it
in the broken condition we have currently is not an option.

Therefore to resolve this issue I intend to force rewind Akonadi to
the last successfully built revision,
28487318a857b9beab33c5e42422fee98944d536, in 48 hours time. Following
this force rewind the Akonadi repository will be locked.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin