Rebase of kopete branch and push it to master

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jan 16 08:56:34 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Given that we are in essentially a intractable stalemate here and i'd
rather spend energy elsewhere, i'm going to go ahead and allow this.

It's going to be fairly messy however and will have consequences which
impact all KDE projects when it happens.

Phabricator will have to process all these commits (which are new as
far as it is concerned), which will cause delays in commit
availability there for all projects. Without determining the full
number of rebased commits it won't be possible to tell how long this
will take i'm afraid. While Phabricator is reasonably efficient here
it could still easily take a few hours for it to process them, during
which time other projects commits may not be processed.

General performance of both Phabricator, along with both Git and
Subversion will likely also be impaired during this time period as a
consequence of this processing. Other systems should be mostly
unimpacted by this.

Given it is late for me now, I will action this tomorrow night (my
time). For the duration of the processing time, the Kopete repository
will be totally locked (all branches) against any changes, and I won't
be proceeding with the push if it clashes with an Applications module
release or freeze for which an exception has not been granted.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin