Kamoso in KDE Applications

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 14 22:31:42 UTC 2018

El divendres, 12 de gener de 2018, a les 3:51:03 CET, Aleix Pol va escriure:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:44 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El dijous, 11 de gener de 2018, a les 17:01:52 CET, Aleix Pol va escriure:
> >> Hey,
> >> I'd like to move it there. It's in extragear/multimedia now and I keep
> >> forgetting to release as often as I should.
> >>
> >> But the application is working, maintained and developed.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >
> > I'm not vey happy about the copied code of QtGStreamer.
> >
> > Why did you decide to copy it?
>
> It's unmaintained, I had sent several fixes that went in but never got
> released. So if you used it with master Kamoso worked but stable
> didn't.

Ok so you decided to fork it instead of becoming the upstream maintainer, fair
enough i guess.

But maybe you should rename
   ./src/elements/gstqtvideosink/CMakeLists.txt:66:install(TARGETS gst$
{QTVIDEOSINK_NAME} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR}/gstreamer-$
{GSTREAMER_ABI_VERSION})
so that it does not conflict with what other distros may be shipping from the
"real" QtGStreamer ?

Also can you please get a build on https://build.kde.org/ going ?