KDE Apps Release Announcement

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Dec 14 13:12:39 GMT 2018

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 01:14:46PM +0100, Paul Brown wrote:
> On Friday, 14 December 2018 13:07:22 CET Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > Nobody on the promo team contacted Christoph that I saw.
>
> That is correct. Indeed, I did not know who Cristoph was or that he was in
> charge until yesterday. I am not sure how this is relevant to the discussion,
> though.

Having the promo bits coordinated means the release person and the
promo team need to be in contact.  Not knowing who he is means that's
not possible.  It would have been trivial to find out and of course he
did open a Workboard item for the purpose
https://phabricator.kde.org/T10131 .

> > The article
> > on Dot is great but would be been better written a few days before so
> > it could be the main announcement.
>
> Can you explain this? Are you saying the announcement should've been on the
> Dot?

The story at
https://dot.kde.org/2018/12/13/kde-applications-1812-are-waiting-for-you

would have made a great release announcement which could have gone here (and the Dot)
https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-18.12.0.php

Jonathan