KDE Applications 17.08.1 packages available for packagers

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 08:51:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Christoph Feck <cfeck at kde.org> wrote:
> Hello packagers,

Hi Christoph,

> tar.xz files for 17.08.1 are available at the usual location.
>
> There was another change to fix umbrello l10n. Please check if we finally
> got it right.
>
> Additionally, k3b and minuet fail to build on CI, but the errors are not
> clear to me.

These are both known issues to me, and are both limitations of K3b and Minuet.
Namely:

K3b fails to check for the ffmpeg version correctly, leading it to try
to enable ffmpeg support on FreeBSD - which won't work as the version
is too old.

Minuet fails because it does not use ECM, and is therefore not
building with ASAN enabled. Because ASAN is contagious and Frameworks
is built with ASAN enabled, Minuet fails to compile. A similar issue
impacts Marble (which is disabled on the FreeBSD CI as it causes
issues for the Dependency Build jobs which the whole system depends on
to function properly).

There are only two fixes for this: 1) Using ECM in both of those
projects or 2) Fixing Frameworks/ECM to pass along the enablement of
ASAN to anything which uses Frameworks.

This is not a compile time issue on Linux due to how ASAN works on
Linux (however the binaries produced won't be usable unless ASAN is
injected into the binary using LD_PRELOAD)

> Please report issues, release is this Thursday.
>
> REVISIONS_AND_HASHES at https://paste.kde.org/p34mhqghq
>
> My public key at
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF23275E4BF10AFC1DF6914A6DBD2CE893E2D1C87
>
> Thanks,