dropping libkface from KDE Applications - was - Re: What to do with the repos we don't ship anymore in KDE Applications 17.12

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Mon Nov 13 19:01:05 UTC 2017

In data lunedì 13 novembre 2017 00:31:35 CET, Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> El dilluns, 13 de novembre de 2017, a les 0:01:49 CET, Andreas Sturmlechner va
> escriure:
> > On 12 November 2017 at 23:57, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > > I don't understand why you want to move it to extragear if it is
> > > unmaintained, who is going to do releases?
> >
> > Maybe I don't understand either, I'm fine with it going the same way as
> > blogilo.
>
> Ok, if it's broken and noone seems to care about it lets drop it.
>
> I've CC'ed the 4 people that have made any commit in the last 4 years in case
> they want to object, you have until this thursday at 23:59 UTC.

The only commit I did recently was removing the LSM file (!).

Apart from that, libkface is one of the many digikam-ware stuff around,
i.e. things that either digikam people want to control fully (but
without cring much about non-digikam usages), or that they stop caring
once digikam stops using it.  Since the case here is the latter, just
drop it from Applications (where it should not have been part, to begin
with).

--
Pino Toscano