KDE Applications 17.08.3 packages available for packagers

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Nov 7 07:58:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Christoph Feck <cfeck at kde.org> wrote:
> Hello packagers,

Hi Christoph,

> tar.xz files for 17.08.3 are available at the usual location.
>
> REVISIONS_AND_HASHES at https://paste.kde.org/pkxt2tajz
>

> CI says that "kmail" is not buildable, error is:
>
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'src/org.kde.kmail.kmail.xml', needed by
> 'src/kontactplugin/kmail/kmailinterface.cpp'.  Stop.
>
> I could not find a commit that might have caused this error, so I hope
> everything will be fine when building locally.

I suspect this is due to a change in CMake itself, which has exposed a
long running issue where dependencies among components (like the
generation of org.kde.kmail.kmail.xml in this case) aren't made known
to CMake.

The issue appeared after an update to the Fedora image, which would be
consistent with this theory. It is possible that CMake have already
fixed this regression in a newer version, but it's currently not
possible to tell (as we can't update the Fedora image).

If no packagers have issues building KMail I wouldn't worry about it,
as we're quite likely to drop the entire Fedora image due to recurring
build issues with the image (and I need to prioritise my time on KDE
stuff rather than deal with distributions who break their own package
manager in stable releases)

> Please report issues soon, release is this Thursday.
>
> My public key at
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF23275E4BF10AFC1DF6914A6DBD2CE893E2D1C87
>
> Thanks,
> Christoph Feck