Binary incompatible change in KMime - was - Re: KDE Applications 17.04 beta packages available

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Mar 29 07:29:59 UTC 2017

Le mercredi 29 mars 2017, 09:03:41 CEST David Faure a écrit :
> On mercredi 29 mars 2017 00:08:12 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Laurent, i guess you should increase the SOVERSION in the CMakeLists.txt?
>
> I thought the PIM libs didn't promise BC yet?

It's the case we don't promise BC.

> Commit 334f7b9 is what did this, better revert it than adjust SOVERSION,
> IMHO.

Nope we will not revert it. But if packagers want to do it they can do it in
own packages but not in official relase.

> But we made BIC commits in other PIM libs recently too, I was told this was
> OK...

For sure we created a lot of BIC and we will not increase soversion.

We never promise BC in pim.

Regards.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (France) S.A.S., a KDAB Group company Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,