ktp-text-ui requires Qt 5.7 but does not at the CMake level

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Mar 23 19:18:25 UTC 2017

Please keep the release team mailing list in the loop.

El dijous, 23 de març de 2017, a les 9:42:36 CET, Niels Ole Salscheider va
escriure:
> Hello Albert,
>
> On Wednesday, 22 March 2017, 22:59:38 CET, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Niels,
> >
> >   your "Port to QWebEngine" commit increased the requirement of
> >   ktp-text-ui
> >
> > to Qt 5.7 and now it does not compile.
> >
> > https://build.kde.org/job/ktp-text-ui%20Applications-17.04%20stable-kf5-qt
> > 5/ PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/4/console
> >
> > You have two options:
> >  * Introduce some #ifdefs similar to what
> >
> > https://cgit.kde.org/kde-baseapps.git/commit/?id=bfd09bcec03e8080bfce33f85
> > 0
> > c54bcff3a4a475 provides. * Actually require Qt 5.7 in the CMakeLists.txt
>
> Is Qt 5.7 an acceptable dependency? It seems that if I would #ifdef the
> failing code the context menu would break which does not seem good.

From the release team perspective it is acceptable even if not ideal since it
means it will fail to compile on CI, at least it will fail with a meaningul
error and not with a "can't include this file" error.

Not sure if ktp has a maintainer, if it exists, that person probably has an
opinion too.

Best Regards,
  Albert