KDE Frameworks 5.32.0

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Mar 9 08:54:49 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 2:56 AM, Clive Johnston <clivejo at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Clive,

> I understand the need for a new machine with more disk space, but could
> depot.kde.org not just be pointed at the new machine rather than a
> completely new DNS entry.  Maybe I'm only seeing part of the full picture,
> but from my POV it doesn't make sense.  Is there a technical reason for
> moving to a totally new sub-domain?

Yep, there is a very good technical reason for this. The new machine
has a completely different SSH Host Key (other things about the setup
are also quite different)

Had we retained the existing name and people tried to use it you would
have received a very nasty warning from SSH declaring a potential man
in the middle attack. I'm sure that would have resulted in some very
alarming emails :)

> Kindest regards,
> Clive Johnston

Cheers,