libkdeaccessibilityclient

Frederik Gladhorn frederik at gladhorn.de
Sun Jul 23 09:31:44 UTC 2017

On søndag 23. juli 2017 10.04.18 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dissabte, 22 de juliol de 2017, a les 16:57:14 CEST, Frederik Gladhorn va
> escriure:
> > On mandag 17. juli 2017 13.32.32 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > > kmag is due to be released with a KF5 version.
> > >
> > > it has an optional dep on libkdeaccessibilityclient which has a
> > > release in 2014 as libqaccessibilityclient.
> > >
> > > The library is ported to Qt 5 and kmag compiles fine with it so a
> > > release seems like a good idea to avoid losing a feature.
> > >
> > > It should go through kdereview and get a release.
> > >
> > > Anyone want to lead that?
> >
> > Let's do it together here and now at Akademy. I'm a bit lost what the
> > process is.
>
> What does this lib do? I thought all of the accessibilty code was moved to
> Qt proper?

This is to use AT-SPI 2 as client.
In other words: letting you write applications that act as assistive apps. In
the case of KMag it uses the information that is provided to allow following
the focus and cursor (assuming you type a text, you may have cursor movements
in your editor without moving the mouse, so it's needed to follow the cursor).

Simon can use this library to introspect applications to learn about their UIs
and provide actions for them.

Cheers,
Frederik