KDE Applications 17.07.80 (17.08-beta) packages available for packagers

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jul 21 10:11:03 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Il 21 luglio 2017 02:48:47 CEST, Christoph Feck <cfeck at kde.org> ha scritto:
> .
>>
>>Please also check "kscd" package; it fails on CI because of missing
>>MusicBrainz3. I cannot remember that it failed on 17.04 branch, so it
>>may be a regression.
>
> It is not a regression (there is patch on reviewboard to have it working with MusicBrainz5, bit it requires few fixes and testing).

We're currently unable to provide MusicBrainz3 on the CI system
because the OpenSSL 1.1 and 1.0 development packages in Fedora are not
co-installable (which is understandable). Unfortunately a dependency
of MusicBrainz3 relies on OpenSSL 1.0 while other software requires
OpenSSL 1.1.

Given the age of MusicBrainz3, the fix in this case is to port to MusicBrainz5.

> Ciao
>
> --
> Luigi

Cheers,