behaviour change in download.kde.org - was - Re: KDE Frameworks 5.36.0

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 10:29:35 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:19 PM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 12:05 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
>> On mardi 11 juillet 2017 11:52:19 CEST Harald Sitter wrote:
>>> Seems most likely the directory wasn't actually 750.
>>
>> I always create it with
>>   mkdir $dest
>>   chmod o-rx $dest
>>
>> which, on racnoss.kde.org, leads to
>> drwxr-x--- 2 ftpadmin packager   2 Jul 11 10:04 testdir
>
> So it is 750 after all. That does seem odd then.
> I've just tried with the neon archive user on racnoss to eliminate
> apache as a possible cause. When marking a dir 750 in the neon archive
> it is not indexed, adding +x it gets indexed as expected.
>
> https://origin.archive.neon.kde.org/.test/
>
> This dir has
>
> drwxr-x--- 2 neonarchives neonarchives  2 Jul 11 10:15 750/
> drwxr-x--x 2 neonarchives neonarchives  2 Jul 11 10:15 751/
>
> Something must be astray with the setup of the download.kde.org vhost :S

It is slightly different, in so far that the following directives are
passed to Apache:

DirectoryIndex disabled
IndexOptions HTMLTable SuppressColumnsorting SuppressHTMLPreamble
FancyIndexing XHTML NameWidth=80 FoldersFirst SuppressDescription
Metalink MirrorList VersionSort

My guess would be some of these may be the cause, even though they
shouldn't make a difference.

> HS

Regards,
Ben