Clarification on requirements for a release

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Jul 4 15:01:31 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I would like everybody to take a step back and relax. There is no point
in ripping our heads over it.

I'm quite sure that everybody here only wants the best for KDE,
sometimes this is conflicting.

@sysadmins: I understand that you need policies and rules on how to
handle things. But please understand that you are not the ones doing the
rules. If you see something missing like the fact that applications are
releasing out from playground, please raise a discussion on the
community mailing list, let the community agree on it and then codify
the rule at a place where it can be found by the devs. In this case
application life cylce management might be the appropriate one.

As the rule you implied does not exist yet, I would like to ask you to
no longer apply it and instead participate in the thread Johnathan
started on the community mailing list.

Thanks all for calming down in advance :-)

Cheers
Martin