excess paperwork when releasing crap?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jan 24 23:45:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
> Aloha,

Hi Harald,

> Not sure this is intentional paperwork. But why exactly can I, as
> maintainer of a project, not change i18n branches of said project
> without having to file a sysadmin ticket?
>
> I mean, it literally says I am a Mister Bossman in that repo [1]

This is a semi-unintentional restriction - all repositories under
sysadmin/ are by default restricted and pushable only by Sysadmins and
those who have been explicitly granted push access.

I think we can probably lift it in this case, as we have for
sysadmin/irc-notifications. I'll action that change tonight.

> ```
> $ git push
> FATAL: W any sysadmin/repo-metadata sitter DENIED by fallthru
> (or you mis-spelled the reponame)
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
> ```
>
> [1] https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/repo-metadata.git/tree/projects/kdesupport/phonon/phonon/metadata.yaml

Cheers,