[kwave] /: prepared for next release, v0.9.3, at 2017-01-29

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 8 19:01:40 UTC 2017

El diumenge, 8 de gener de 2017, a les 11:26:20 CET, Thomas Eschenbacher va
escriure:
> Hello Luigi,
>
> sorry, I didn't know about that!
> I searched through the KDE web sites, but found nothing about this topic.

Which topic?

> For the moment I reverted the change to the docbook file only.
>
> It is fine for me to follow the KDE release cycle and abandon the
> old/own release scheme. But, to be consequent, there are some more
> places to consider. It would be great to get some hints about how to I
> handle these...
>
> 1) help_en.docbook
>
> -> is it ok and sufficient to just remove the old version, so that it
> reads like this:
> "<releaseinfo>Applications 16.12</releaseinfo>" ?
>
> -> should I rely on the release team to update this information when
> needed, or do I have to take care about that in my build system / scripting?
>
> 2) kwave.lsm
> -> does it still make sense to keep that file, or should I remove it?

Up to you, but AFAIK we don't ship many of those lsm files, they're kind of
considered old school/deprecated.

> 3) README
> -> same as for kwave.lsm, remove it?

Up to you, does it say anything interesting?

> 4) filling KAboutData and app.setApplicationVersion(...)
> -> any reference implementation about how to fill in the version field?
>
> 5) build system
> -> is there any cmake variable that I can use, just in case I need the
> application version number?

There's no such thing as "the application version number", that's something
you define, if you *want* to follow the KDE Applications versioning you can
read https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Application_Versioning or
you can do an hybrid like in
https://cgit.kde.org/okular.git/tree/CMakeLists.txt