RFC: Move kommander, kcoloredit, kfax + kiconedit to unmaintained

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 4 21:40:29 UTC 2017

El dilluns, 5 de desembre de 2016, a les 9:08:52 CET, David Faure va escriure:
> On lundi 5 décembre 2016 12:06:41 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 12:28 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>
wrote:
> > > kommander:
> > >
> > > * add_definitions(-DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT3_SUPPORT_WARNINGS) in
> > > CMakeLists.txt,
> > > see https://cgit.kde.org/kommander.git/tree/CMakeLists.txt
> > >
> > > * last non maintenance commit from 2010, see https://cgit.kde.org/
> > > kommander.git/log/
> > >
> > > * subdirs editor, examples, pluginmanager, working not build
> > >
> > > kcoloredit:
> > >
> > > * last non maintenance commit from 2010, see https://cgit.kde.org/
> > > kcoloredit.git/log/
> > >
> > > * no debian package, see https://packages.debian.org/search?
> > > keywords=kcoloredit&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> > >
> > > kiconedit:
> > >
> > > * last non maintenance commit 9 years ago, see
> > > https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/ extragear/graphics/kiconedit/
> > >
> > > * no debian package, see https://packages.debian.org/search?
> > > keywords=kiconedit&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> > >
> > > kfax:
> > >
> > > * add_definitions (-DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT3_SUPPORT_WARNINGS) in
> > > CMakeLists.txt,
> > > see https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kfax/CMakeLists.txt?
> > > revision=1188173&view=markup
> > >
> > > * last non maintenance commit 9 years ago, see
> > > https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/ extragear/graphics/kfax/
> > >
> > > * no debian package, see https://packages.debian.org/search?
> > > keywords=kfax&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> >
> > +1 to all of these moves from my perspective.
>
> Makes sense to me too.
> - kiconedit is superseded by kolourpaint,
> - kcoloredit is new to me, who needs to manage color palettes? Well, maybe
> graphists, it would be interesting to get feedback from one. Is there a KDE
> ML where we can ask? If it's useful, maybe someone will step up to maintain
> it. - kfax was useful ... a long time ago ;)
> - (never used kommander)

I guess that since one month passed and noone disagreed, we can go ahead with
the unmaintained move.

Burkhard will you create the sysadmin ticket for it?

Please don't include kommander in it since we're releasing it for KDE
Applications 16.12 so we need to wait for 17.04 until move it to unmaintained.