Question About kde-review and release schedule

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Feb 27 12:39:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 12:32:28PM +0100, Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> You have got me thinking about what I am trying to achieve. Indeed, I
> would like to get feedback both from real usage and from users. One or
> several releases are a good way to achieve that.

Sounds like you might benefit from some pre-release releases.  Alpha
and beta releases are common and can go in the unreleased folder on
download.kde.org.

I recommend using kde:releaseme to make the tar then getting sysadmins
to put it on download.kde.org.  You can also request to KDE neon
developers (me) to package it and get daily builds made.

> Do you believe it could be possible to do releases very often (like
> every two weeks) ? I could ensure no UI labels are changing so that
> translators are not doing extra work.
>
> In order to have bug reporting through bugs.kde.org, I have to fill a
> ticket to sysadmin ? I have not been able to find a sort of policy
> about that.

sysadmin ticket or ask another admin such as me.

Jonathan