Stopping release of kdewebdev for Applications 17.04 (was: 16.08)

Andreas Sturmlechner andreas.sturmlechner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 22:43:19 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 26 February 2017 at 22:53, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > kfilereplace
> > kimagemapeditor
> > klinkstatus
>
> And? Apps that work don't need a large amount of commits.
>
> If you want us to stop releasing apps personally I need more reasons than
> "there's not many commits".

Oh, maybe I was under a wrong impression by our past discussion. As there
haven't been code commits in many many years for any of them, the question was
rather why keep releasing near bit-perfect copies of tarballs 12 times a year.
The requirement for dropping them from Applications releases was to first get
them converted to git, so that they _can_ be easily picked up again. A
kdewebdev package from 2010 works the same as one from 2016, and no one is
forced to drop it from their package repository.

At least klinkstatus still depends on kdepimlibs-4, which was last released 2
years ago and conflicts with GpgME++ requirements of other applications since
16.12.

kfilereplace, if kept, may as well be moved to a different category - it seems
to be in kdewebdev rather for historical reasons.

That would leave kimagemapeditor as the only application in kdewebdev.

Regards,
Andreas