Question About kde-review and release schedule

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Feb 26 22:04:56 UTC 2017

El dissabte, 25 de febrer de 2017, a les 10:43:47 CET, Matthieu Gallien va
escriure:
> Hello dear release team and kde multimedia team,
>
> I was hoping to have my application (Elisa a simple music player integrated
> using Baloo) ready for a release with KDE Applications 17.04. I believe I am
> a bit late and need to finish one feature before being ready for review.

Has your app being released at all?

If you have never released it, I think it may be a better if you do a
standalone release first and once we see how the public reacts to it, suggests
improvements, etc. we can talk about including it for 17.08.

> How should I proceed ?
> Should I wait for 17.08 release or can I continue to work on this feature
> even if review is ongoing ?
> I am quite confident I will have finished before the feature freeze date but
> I believe that review have to be done before that date.
>
> Do you have any advice or other information about the process I should
> follow ?

https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle is partially out of
date, but it still contains some valid information.

I guess someone/somewhen should update it to be totally correct.