KDE Applications 17.07.90 (17.08-rc) packages available for packagers

Kåre Särs kare.sars at iki.fi
Thu Aug 10 14:55:21 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 10 August 2017 11:33:03 EEST Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Il 10 agosto 2017 11:26:44 EEST, Christophe Giboudeaux <christophe at krop.fr>
ha scritto:
> >Hi,
> >
> >> Hello packagers,
> >>
> >>  *.tar.xz files are available at the usual "unstable" location.
> >>
> >>  Release for the RC is again around 13:00 UTC, so report soon. You
> >
> >will
> >
> >>  get more time for the final...
> >>
> >>  Please check "messagelib" package; it fails on CI for whatever
> >
> >reason.
> >
> >>  REVISIONS_AND_HASHES at https://paste.kde.org/pekvqju3p
> >
> >ksaneplugin is still KDE4 based and libksane if KF5-based since 15.12.
> >

> >ksaneplugin is still KDE4 based and libksane if KF5-based since 15.12.
> >
> >Is it worth still releasing it ?
>
> I wanted to ask about it for a while: what is it used for?
> The only reference is in kdelibs4support. Does anyone remember more?
>
> Regarding this release: we already released it in beta and rc, maybe a bit
> late?

Hi,

The plugin was used to be able to have the implementation in a separate
library/plugin, but have the API in KDE libs. This was from the KDE3 times.
libksane took it's place quite soon after KDE4 came out. I think it should be
OK to stop releasing by now. I don't know of any maintained applications that
still would use the plugin.

Regards,
  Kåre