PIM: Version alignment

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Sep 16 12:14:08 UTC 2016

> The problem here is to have an easy way to update the version data on
> bugzilla. I think that this can be automated.

Not trivial that due to bugzilla not having an API and the bugzilla Product names being unrelated to any git repository.

The script I use for Plasma uses CURL and a local saved cookie and a manually created list of Products and a manually set version to update the versions

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=releaseme.git&a=blob&h=43677ec55cea4b755176ce11c2b9e89ca2cfa56f&hb=dea69ae3b6ec27266c09e60d11e52b80b3c79e96&f=plasma%2Fplasma-add-bugzilla-versions

it could be automated a bit more by having a standard cmake or other known variable in git repos listing the bugzilla versions and the application version.  But that's quite a lot of manual work to set up.

Jonathan