2017 Plasma Release Schedule

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Oct 17 16:05:58 UTC 2016

I've updated our release schedule through to the end of 2017 from
discussion at the kickoff meeting today

https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=031gkgqg1hjf8lcmj0em1d2sj8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/London

The pattern is the one we have used for the last few releases, repo
freeze after the previous .5 release, same day beta on Thursday a
couple weeks after that, tagging for final a couple of weeks after
that with release on the Tuesday and bugfix releases on Tuesdays
following that in fibbonachi sequence.

It continues the 5.8 LTS series until middle of 2018 as planned.

It schedules 5.9 at the end of January, 5.10 end of May and 5.11 end
of September.  This puts 5.9.0 on 31 January 2017 which is a few days
before FOSDEM and the week before the proposed sprint of 6-12
February.

If we choose to adopt this calendar for 2017 we can still make
adjustments as necessary if it clashes with e.g. Akademy dates.

I would suggest keeping to a 4 month release schedule as it fits
nicely with the year calendar and making releases each January, May
and September.

Please take a look and let me know what you think

Jonathan