Stopping release of kdewebdev for Applications 16.08

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 4 21:46:41 UTC 2016

Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> El dimecres, 13 de juliol de 2016, a les 1:27:21 CEST, Albert Astals Cid va
> escriure:
>> El divendres, 8 de juliol de 2016, a les 11:50:44 CEST, Andreas Sturmlechner
>> va escriure:

>>> kommander and kfilereplace are not actually webdev related, so could be
>>> moved into other categories (kdeutils?) if not dropped.
>>>
>>> Not sure how many people still do image maps (so chances this will be
>>> picked up again are slim), and klinkstatus still depends on kdepimlibs-4
>>> to build.
>> Let's move them to git first and then decide if we want to drop them or not.
>>
>> Given the freeze for KDE Applications 16.08 is like in 2 days i would not
>> rush for now, let's all make a note for 2.5 months and decide if we want to
>> release them for KDE Applications 16.12.
>
> So it's 2.5 months later now.
>
> I would like to get them moved to git if possible, get them released for KDE
> Applications 16.12 and tell people they need to start caring about them if
> they don't want to see them dropped for 17.04
>
> Now the question is, how do we get them into git?

I think that sysadmins have (or had) a system dedicated to SVN-to-git
conversion, and also the examples of the old conversions. There are some
instructions here:
https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MoveToGit/UsingSvn2Git

> Or, am i being too naive and we should just drop them?

Well, it would be good if this transfer is done and this knowledge is not lost
(you never know).

--
Luigi