Dropping kdelibs4-based applications in KDE Applications 17.12

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Nov 10 22:42:36 UTC 2016

Hi, my proposal would be to make KDE Applications 17.08 the last release we
accept applications based on kdelibs4, that means people have a year until KDE
Applications 17.12 to port the applications from the list below to KF5.

The ones that aren't ported we would just drop to unmaintained or if they have
an active developer team that somehow doesn't want to move to KF5 they could
move to "extreagear".

I know lots of you would want to see this happen *now* but remember there's
people using those apps so dropping them makes them no good.

Comments?

jovie
juk
kaccessible
kajongg
kcachegrind
kde-dev-utils
kdesdk-kioslaves
kget
kgoldrunner
kigo
kmag
kmix (is a weird kdelibs/kf5 dual codebase)
kmousetool
kmouth
kolf
konquest
kopete
kppp
kremotecontrol
kreversi
ksaneplugin
kscd
ksirk
ksnakeduel
kspaceduel
ksudoku
kubrick
kuser
lskat
palapeli
sweeper
umbrello (is a weird kdelibs/kf5 dual codebase)
zeroconf-ioslave