kde-baseapps split up

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Nov 7 08:01:58 UTC 2016

On lundi 7 novembre 2016 00:50:10 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I mean it's still an app people can use form the command line, but ok.

Yes, but for command line usage you can use `passwd` instead :-)

When did anyone ever use kdepasswd directly?

Changing one's password is a rather rare activity, which is already covered
for GUI users by user-manager, and for command-line users by `passwd`.
I don't see a valid enough use case for "running a GUI tool from the command
line to change one's passwd" for the maintenance of kdepasswd to be worth it.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5