KDE Frameworks 5.28.0

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 6 22:19:52 UTC 2016

On dimanche 6 novembre 2016 23:00:26 CET Aleix Pol wrote:
> It is, on the other hand it's because KConfig cmake scripts were
> parsing wrongly a desktop file. If you want I can take another
> approach that will solve this specific case, but in the end it's an
> error we weren't catching.

That might be, but we can't really release a version of KF5 that breaks
compilation of the latest plasma release.

As wrong as it was, it "worked" from a plasma point of view.

> The Plasma/5.8 branch has been fixed, maybe we can rush another stable
> release of 5.8?

No idea how doable that is. Maybe we can "release" a patch? :-)

> I'm don't think we want to maintain the old behavior for KConfig, TBH.

Not for long, but maybe just until the next plasma release?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5