[Kde-pim] Unannounced dependency bump?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 10:49:21 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:24:10 PM CEST laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mercredi 29 juin 2016, 21:02:24 CEST Ben Cooksley a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It would appear that PIM has bumped it's Grantlee dependency without
> > any announcement.
> >
> > Failing that, commits are missing from one or more of the PIM family
> > of repositories, the build metadata is out of date, or the CMake
> > infrastructure of the PIM repositories is insufficient to work within
> > the CI environment.
> >
> > Please see
> > https://build.kde.org/view/FAILED/job/messagelib%20master%20kf5-qt5/325/PL
> > TFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/console
> >
> > Please correct this and provide an explanation for the issue.
>
> The problem is a grantleetheme problem. It was a bad commit.
> It's fixed.

Note that GrantleeTheme is our internal library.

> > PIM buildability continues to be an ongoing and major issue -

Excluding honest mistakes like this one, our only issue is with build order
due to API changes across modules. If I break API in one module and push a fix
to another module that depends on the new API, it will break if it finishes
before the first one. If I wait with pushing the API adjustment in the other
module but someone else triggers the build anyway, we have the same problem.
We cannot prevent this easily unless the CI can ensure build order....

> > at this
> > point i'm considering whether we need to expel PIM from the mainline
> > release modules to playground.

I'd like to point out that Plasma 5.7 is currently way more broken than our
stable release on the CI. Should we consider moving Plasma to playground as
well....?

> I think that we don't make error when we don't work!
> So yep there is some CI error but we fix them.
>
> If you want to remove it from CI not a problem for me.

Yeah, let's not do that. We need the CI to catch problems like this one and
run our tests...

...speaking of which, Qt on the CI is broken: Cannot mix incompatible Qt
library (version 0x50601) with this library (version 0x50602)

https://build.kde.org/view/KDE-PIM/job/messagelib%20master%20kf5-qt5/327/
PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/testReport/junit/(root)/TestSuite/
akonadi_sqlite_followupreminderselectdatedialogtest/

Cheers,
Dan